Soho lovin' Chick

I'm a research student who lives in the Greater London area, but I absolutely love Central London, Soho in particular. Soho is the one place where ANYONE and EVERYONE is embraced and accepted...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Summer Breeze...

Everytime I listen to that song, I get homesick, especially if I hear it in the afternoon or sunsets. On a day like this, a beautiful autumn day like this with a clear sky and bright sun. It reminds me of back home, afternoons in the kitchen watching my parents, or rather my mother watering the plants in the garden. Going around the different patches of basil, rocket salad, bell and chili peppers, watering the jasmins and the gardenias. Checking that the tortoises have plenty of water and veggies to nibble on. Or sitting in the kitchen while my mother makes lunch for the family, chatting to her about my life, telling a few jokes and smiling at how I make her laugh.

I don't know why that song reminds me of her, maybe it's because it's one of her favourites. It's a lovely song, of beautiful afternoons driving around parks and trees. Or just a laid back feeling that you don't want to do anything except enjoy the company of those you are in. Same way I find it hard to listen to Sade, reminds me so much of my mum, one of my most favourite people in this world.

*sigh* I always seem to get like this when it's getting close to me seeing her, be it me going over to her or she coming to see me. She comes in 43 days (God willing), for three weeks. My mum is staying for 3 weeks, hopefully without my dad. I can't wait. She'll be here for Christmas, New Year and most importantly, my birthday. The fabulous woman who I love to make laugh, the person who makes me feel better about myself no matter what, the person I carry around with me every where I go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home