Soho lovin' Chick

I'm a research student who lives in the Greater London area, but I absolutely love Central London, Soho in particular. Soho is the one place where ANYONE and EVERYONE is embraced and accepted...

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Winter is coming!

Stayed in today. Winter has hit London now, and honestly, I'm lovin' it! I'm such a winter baby it's not even funny. I LOVE cold weather, I'm no good in hot weather. In cold weather you get to wear scarves and boots, gorgeous coats and lovely gloves. When you drink a hot beverage it's wonderful. When you cuddle up to someone, it's absolutely necessary! *Mind drifts off at this point to a certain cuddle I got in the wee hours of a weekend*

However I stayed in today, and will most probably stay in tomorrow. I have to get some work done. I've been falling behind with my writing and my reading. The pages are in front of me and there are times when I get into it, until I get distracted. Actually Wednesday was my fault. I took work with me while I did some errands, and sat in Soho killing time before I had to go and meet my gran to watch The Da Vinci Code at the Prince Charles cinema. However, as I read I realised that I didn't have to sit here alone, and wondered if a certain person who worked in the area would be interested in joining me for a quick cup of coffee. I got a bit of a surprise when I got a reply from that person saying they wouldn't mind having that coffee... I was told that they'd be done with work after 6 which was good for me as I didn't have to make a move until 7. Now I'm a pain in the ass about punctuality (even though at times I seem to have a minor problem with it), but I'm usually on time to things and I expect people to be on time too. It was 6:50 when I decided to send a text to tell them not to worry about meeting up as I needed to make a move. I was quite sure that the person had forgotten me actually and had left to go home. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they phoned to tell me that they were on their way.

We didn't chat long, but it was still nice to see them. I ran to Leicester Square and caught up with my gran. We had a quick chomp on some Chinese before almost missing out movie (damn those slow waiters! Good thing the food is so good). On the train home I realised that I was lucky to have gloves because it was too cold to be in just a jacket and scarf. As the chilly night time breeze came rushing through those doors of the train, I closed my eyes and realised, another year, another winter, and how lucky I am to be here to experience it again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home